Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A good Question Via Comments

I'm So Glad that someone via the comments asked a good question
"You do need to start posting the names of all the clubs and people you are talking about. Otherwise you do not look honest. Why not say who the people are, maybe they would have a change of heart. Or did this not ever happen? See what I mean?"

Rick sez- I DO see what you mean, I've always (for the 5 years I've blogged) tended to not name names- But I've recently learned that doing that can cause issues, I still wonder if naming names is a better way to help ALL not fall down the same path other groups have gone down.
I think in the future I will go back to naming AREAS but not specific clubs.callers or people- What do you think-
Here's a couple - In the VASD area a club is losing their caller, and thinking about going back to a previously fired caller- I Think that's a BAD Idea
In The USDA area There is a good track record of Mainstream Dances with multiple clubs sponsoring- That's a GOOD idea
Rick
PS to any Mavericks (Bakersfield area) I will buy your way in to the workshop in the next 2 weeks- To continue dancing, not lose insurance, and I'll be available to chat with anything you wish at 9:30 (If you dance- Please don't just show up to chat-Thats not the point
Rick
Comment

1 comment:

  1. Money the Root of All Evil!

    They tell you that the Dollar isn't worth anything so spend it on Gold. But, you can't eat gold, so if the Dollar becomes worth more Gold isn't worth as much and you still can't eat it.

    Wall Street is a Three Card Monty Game. You give them your money hoping for big things, and they are shuffling the cards!

    A Square Dance Club should be a group of people who want a reason to get together.

    To bad Money comes into the picture, and we need Treasurers, and Treasury's! Money to Rent Halls and Money to Pay Callers. Whether it's one Square or 100, the fun is what 8 people are doing at any given moment. Laughter is Contagious, but one squeaky wheel can stop a whole train when it knocks it off the track!

    ReplyDelete