Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Damn I'm guilty of what I hate

I fell into the crap that I hate. I put 2 and 2 together- from "dancer comments" and came up with 4- But 4 was not the right answer.
I will try to not listen to gossip, chatter and the like and never again blog based on that!!!
The Nice folks at Th Joaquin Squares did , in fact, annouce our last MS dance- The reason for so few JS in attendances remains a mystery but I screwd up- and I apologize.
Please tell ALL to attend July 17th MS w/ Steve Woodard- The info I did not have when I announced this event is at kernsq.org
Sorry
Rick

1 comment:

  1. My Dad told me to believe nothing you hear and half of what you see! I said, "If I see it I should be able to believe it!" He said, "Haven't you ever been blamed for what someone thought they saw?" He was right I didn't have to think back to far!
    I've tried to make it the policy of my life to not get mad at someone for not doing what I want them to do. All I ask in return, is to expect them not to get mad when I don't do what they want me to do!
    Square Dancing has changed so much in the last 30 years. While people know more movements the don't dance worth a dang! Supposibly they know how to dance DBD, which makes them better dancers! I remember putting together the wierdest APD junk I could work up and when I got done with sweat running down my face they just looked at me like, "Ok! How about something challenging!"

    How many callers today try to call to break down squares without just calling so fast and the same calls over and over again. It was a different time, but we sure were never ready to go home! Even when out feet felt like we just took off Roller Skates as we walked out the door!

    People are spoiled! What they call fast is not 38 RPM's or 45 or how many beats a minute. The Expect their Square Dancing like thier Round Dancing and Cued two beats before it's started! No sooner or no later! Looks like Key Stone Cops instead of dancing! But, it's not surprising that while they complain when the calls aren't cued, after they dance a dance that isn't, they aren't so dang tired they don't want to get up for the last tip! They even ask for another!

    ReplyDelete