Friday, September 17, 2010

2010 classes

If you'll look at the comments on my last post-One struck me
-paraphased- we've danced before, we had "angels" but we're looking for friends otherwise we'll drop out again-
Now this stikes me in 2 ways 1) SD is a social activity, so make sure your "angels" are there to make friends-not just to get them thru-ALSO the "angels" (or in Central ca. the Club Members) don't sit and stare at new folks dancing-The new folks will wonder why "the club" is not dancing too-The new folks will wonder "Is it us?"
2) If other "club" activities (Such as RD) make it too tiring-perhaps these should be on a different nite
I was recently AMAZED by a scheduled 1/2 hour pre-rounds (early rounds for my East Coast readers) somehow got morphed into 2 1/2 HOURS?????????????????
I could not imagine how these folks were tired and reluctant to fill up another square
Dance/Class Sponsors MUST adhere to a predictable schedule -Be it an optional (not part of SD) co-event, then insure that the SD event doesn't suffer from the optional
OK I'm braced for the "Rick hates Rounds Crap"- NOPE I just think that co-mingled events must focus on whatever priority they wish (ever Heard of 2 1/2 hours of Pre-Squares before a RD party-Didn't think so)
Rick-Let's discuss not cuss

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of a one hour Round Dance class before the Club Dance, After standing and dancing for a solid hour it takes a bunch of the git-up-go out of them! Even worse is when they go an all afternoon Advanced Class and rush to the dance Rode Hard and Put Up WET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When to see a new grandson many years ago! While Grandma was spending time with the new one that only wiggles, drinks milk, and you know what! I went to check out on of the local Clubs. The Club I picked didn't charge guests, but said they didn't get many. Club had 75 members, but were down from 150 in the Hay Day!(Learned all that at the Greeters Table) I danced with the Presidents wife while he manned the greeters table the first tip. It was the last dance I got all night. There was one single lady, but she didn't dance, she was there with her parents. They did their Rounds and Squares and only left the floor when they tried to elect a new president and plan for special dance for a half hour. So out of a 2 hour dance they danced one and a half, and I got to dance 10 minutes, and talk to a lady who didn't dance. I heard they have since folded!

    I bet they are still wondering WHY!

    ReplyDelete